Dear clients and friends of McPhillips Animal Hospital,
We are continuing to implement increased safety measures to protect our clients, staff and patients during this COVID-19 virus pandemic.
- We have implemented new business hours, Monday to Saturday 9 am to 7 pm.
- We are already experiencing delays with food and medication refills, due to supplier shortages and restrictions. We are doing our best to get the food and medications our patients need, but please know that they may be increased delays.
- We are not allowing anyone into the hospital, but asking that you stay in your vehicle and call the hospital at (204)589-8381 to let us know you have arrived for all appointments, and to pick up any orders of food or medications.
- We will have you remain in your vehicle, and retrieve your pet from you for any procedures.
- We require that all payments be made via phone whenever possible.
- We will not be booking any non-essential appointments. Please consult staff as to what this includes.
- We have instituted a locked door policy. The clinic door will be locked. We ask all clients to call us at (204)589-8381 upon arrival to the hospital. We will advise you of our protocols for all appointments and all pick ups.
- Most routine annual visits, wellness visits, nail trims, and elective surgeries for healthy pets will need to be postponed to enable us to comply with social distancing recommendations. This will not apply to puppies and kittens to keep their vaccine schedule on track.
- We still request 24-48 hours notice for medication and food refills whenever possible.
- Healthy pets requiring annual exams or bloodwork for medication refills can be offered some time flexibility to arrange these appointments.
- Due to supplier limitations, we are unable to allow our clients to purchase more than a reasonable supply of food for their pets.
- To protect yourself and others, we ask that anyone who is feeling unwell refrain from visiting the clinic so that we can all do our part to limit the spread of this virus in our community.
We will ask that all clients who exhibit symptoms of cough, fever and/or shortness of breath, or have traveled to an area of active COVID-19 transmission within the previous four weeks to avoid coming into the hospital and instead arrange for someone else to bring your pet in for appointments and/or pick up any medications or food.
Should you have a situation that requires urgent attention for your pet and you are ill, please call us and we will provide further direction.
It is likely that with recent school closures (and as the virus spreads), we may end up short-staffed. We have also asked that any of our employees feeling unwell to stay home, and we ask that any client feeling unwell before an appointment, even if on short notice, please just call ahead to cancel and stay home until feeling better. Please be aware that this may affect our ability to schedule appointments and procedures. We will deal with these potential issues should they arise and apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our practice and we will be happy to help. Thank you for helping us protect everyone. Sincerely,
The Doctors and staff at McPhillips Animal Hospital