Dear clients and friends of McPhillips Animal Hospital,
We want to send our best wishes to all of you. We know these have been, and continue to be trying months. Although we must continue to keep our distance, please know that our hearts are with you and your pets. We appreciate your patience, as we continue to keep you and our staff safe while providing care for your beloved pets.
Here are our current practice protocols, which we have implemented for your safety and ours:
Our current hours are:
Monday to Friday – 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
*Please note, we will be closed Sundays and holidays, and may be closed additional days.
- Our door is still locked. We ask all clients to call us at (204)589-8381 upon arrival to the hospital.
- We are not accepting ANY walk in traffic. Please call ahead and allow us extra time to prepare your pet’s medications and food.
- We have noted some increased delays in our receiving of medications and foods from our suppliers. Please allow extra time for your pet’s food and medication orders, especially those that are special orders. For special order medications, please allow 2 weeks notice for refills.
- We will ask all clients who have travelled, have been in contact with a known COVID-19 positive person, or who have exhibited any symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath to avoid coming to the hospital and instead arrange for someone else to bring their pet to the hospital and/or pick up any medications or food.
- Please note, we are not accepting any cash payments at this time, but do accept Mastercard, Visa and Debit transactions.
- When you interact with our staff in the parking lot, we ask that you wear a mask and maintain a distance of 6 feet, whenever possible.
- If your pet is ill, please call us so we can determine how best to help you and your pet.
- We will ask you to fill in the online history information form located in the forms section of our website prior to your pet’s visit.
- We require that you remain in your vehicle and call us once arriving at the hospital. When you call, we will ask which vehicle you are in, and confirm your mobile phone number. One of our staff will retrieve your pet from you in the parking lot. Please make sure your pet is in a secure carrier, or has a secure collar and leash on.
- We are now offering virtual appointments to augment client/patient care while still maintaining physical distancing as much as possible. This means while you are in your vehicle and your pet is being snuggled by our staff you can be in the exam room virtually! There will be a learning curve for all involved and we will need to just continue on with the appointment if there are technical difficulties. Please let us know of any issues you encounter so we can continue to improve upon the experience for all.
- As we have instituted many additional safety protocols, we ask that you have patience with the increased waiting times.
- We are experiencing much higher call volumes, so at times it may be difficult to reach us. If you have trouble getting through when you are calling, please try again.
- If your pet requires heartworm and/or tick prevention, please call or email us, and we will be happy to help you.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping everyone as safe as possible during this pandemic.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our practice and we will be happy to help.
The Doctors and staff at McPhillips Animal Hospital
McPhillips Animal Hospital
2211-B McPhillips St
Winnipeg, MB R2V 3M5